The Benefits Of Lemon Water In The Morning
Lemon Health Benefits-
The Benefits Of Lemon Water In The Morning are many. Lemons contain unique flavonoid compounds that have tremendous beneficial antioxidant properties.
In addition to their unique phytonutrient properties, lemons are an excellent source of vitamin C, one of natures most important antioxidants.Vitamin C is vital to the function of a strong immune system and the flavonoids in lemons may play a beneficial role in fighting heart disease, cancer, and inflammation.
Lemons also contain many additional nourishing elements such as, vitamins B6, A, E, folate, niacin thiamin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid, copper, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc, phosphorus and protein.
The Lemon is well known for its medicinal power, and has many different applications, such as for-
- Rheumatism-Lemon is a diuretic and can treat arthritis and rheumatism, as well as helping to flush out bacteria and toxins from the body.
- Burns– Lemon acts as a cooling agent, it reduces the burning sensation on the skin.
- Throat infections– The antibacterial properties of lemons fight problems related to throat infections.
- Obesity-Drinking lemon water helps maintain a healthy weight.
- Respiratory disorders– Rich in vitamin C, lemon helps in dealing with more long-term respiratory disorders.
- Cholera-Acts as a blood purifier.
- Indigestion and Constipation– Acts as a blood purifier and a cleansing agent aiding in digestion.
- Dental problems-Lemon can assist in getting rid of the pain of a toothache, and massaging lemon juice on the gums can stop gum bleeding. It can also eliminating the bad odors that can come from various gum diseases and conditions, and can be used in the regular cleansing of your teeth.
- Fever-It helps to break fevers by increasing perspiration.
- Internal bleeding– Has antiseptic and coagulant properties, so it can stop internal bleeding.
- High blood pressure-Controls high blood pressure, dizziness, and nausea, because it provides a calming sensation to both the mind and body (contains potassium).
- Skin Care– A natural antiseptic, lemon juice can be used as a treatment for acne and eczema, cure skin problems such as removing wrinkles and blackheads, as well as reducing the pain of sun burn and bee stings. By helping flush the body and improve digestion, lemon water can lead to cleaner healthier looking skin.
- Kidney Stones– By forming urinary citrate, which prevents the formation of crystals, lemon is well known as a useful kidney treatment.
“The anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of Citrus flavonoids can play a key role in their activity against several degenerative diseases and particularly brain diseases.”
Supporting our bodies by drinking enough water, especially in the morning, can help flush the digestive system and re-hydrate the body. Since sleep is the body’s time to restore and regenerate, the liver is extremely active, and giving the body adequate water when you first wake up is a great way to re-hydrate and get your body going.
Lemon water might be a better alternative to caffeinated drinks, and there is evidence that drinking water, especially lemon water, first thing in the morning can help maintain a healthy body weight. As mentioned earlier, lemons contains vitamin C among other phytonutrients, so by drinking lemon water in the morning it gives the body a chance to absorb these vitamins effectively.
Brief History of the Lemon
An Asian native, the lemon is a species of small evergreen tree. Genetic studies have shown that the lemon has its origins in sour orange and citron. Lemons are oval in shape and feature a yellow, textured outer peel and as with other citrus fruits, their inner flesh is encased in eight to ten segments.
Lemons arrived in Europe around the first century AD in Italy, but were not widely farmed or cultivated. It wasn’t until between 1000 and 1150 that they were widely distributed throughout the European and Arabic regions.
In the western world, the 19th century saw lemons farmed in Florida and California.
Start your day off by drinking a glass of warm lemon water in the morning as part of your daily routine. Full of all the goodness mother nature intended, it’s cleansing and healing effects will have a positive effect in your life. I drink lemon water every day as part of my morning routine and highly recommend you do as well!
PS: I hope you enjoyed reading this article, and please don’t hesitate to share it with friends and family. Join the conversation and let me know of your experiences with Lemon Water – share your stories below and join me on other interesting articles at healingbodyandmind.org
To your good health,