Essential Oils For Healing
What Are The Uses Of Essential Oils For Healing?
There have been numerous studies that have shown great promise in using essential oils as an alternative to antibiotics in livestock.The oils were effective against pathogenic bacteria as well because essential oils contain antimicrobial, antibacterial, and antifungal properties.
Unlike antibiotics, essential oils appear to be less likely to cause resistance. The fact that they contain hundreds of different chemical compounds makes bacterial adaptation more difficult. If you develop a serious bacterial infection antibiotics can be a lifesaver, however they are useless against viral infections and will increase your susceptibility to developing infections with resistance to that antibiotic.
Either way antibiotics will decimate your microbiome. Only time and a healthy diet along with a probiotic supplement will restore balance to your intestinal flora. Purchasing from the market antibiotic-free, organically raised meat and produce will help you to avoid food sources containing chronic low-dose exposure to antibiotics.
What Are Essential Oils?
“thought to be the process of removing the spirit from the plant”
Essential Oils are the volatile liquids that are distilled from plants (including the seeds, bark, leaves, stems, roots, flowers and fruit). They are basically the (the essence of the plant) which can provide therapeutic benefits and carry the physical properties of flowers and plants in a highly concentrated form.
Essential oils have been around for millennial. They were used in the distant past by the Greeks, Romans, Chinese and Egyptians as well as references to their uses mentioned in the Christian Bible. In fact, Egyptian hieroglyphics and Chinese manuscripts have shown us that essential oils were mankind’s first medicine!
In ancient times essential oils were made by soaking plants in oil and then filtering the oil through a linen bag so they could be inhaled and absorbed through the skin providing various physical and emotional effects, such as pain relief and healing.
- Lipid soluble and are capable of penetrating cell walls.
- Can affect every cell of the body within 20 minutes and are then metabolized like other nutrients.
- Contain oxygen molecules which help to transport nutrients to cells.
- Work to stimulate the immune system.
- They are powerful antioxidants.
- Essential Oils have been shown to destroy all tested bacteria and viruses while simultaneously restoring balance to the body.
- Essential oils containing sesquiterpenes have the ability to pass the blood brain barrier, enabling them to be effective in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease, Lou Gehrig’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and multiple sclerosis.
- They are aromatic and when diffused, they provide air purification.
- Essential oils have a bio-electrical frequency that is several times greater than the frequency of herbs, food, and even the human body. Clinical research has shown that essential oils can quickly raise the frequency of the human body, restoring it to its normal, healthy level.
The most common ways to use essential oils include
- Massaging into the skin
- Adding to bathwater
- Using in a compress
- Burning in a diffuser
What Can Essential Oils Do For You?
Poor diet, lack of exercise, and an overabundance of environmental toxins can leave the body unbalanced and with diminished energy levels. Essential oils, and essential oil-infused supplements can provide the targeted solutions you need to restore balance and feel your best.
Aromatherapy is the therapeutic use of essential oils, and people use them to enhance their emotional, physical, and mental well-being-showing incredible health improvements. Essential Oils can also be used for reducing stress, increasing focus, soothing muscles, purifying your body, emotional balance and to support your immune system.
Final Thoughts on Essential Oils
My recommendation is to take action for yourself and your family. Find trusted sources of whole organic foods that do not use antibiotic pesticides and/or antibiotic growth promoters. Supplement with probiotics and Essential Oils.
PS: There is so much more to discuss regarding essential oils that I could not possibly do so here, however I would like to recommend A Reference Guide for Essential Oils Soft Cover 2014 [Spiral-bound] Connie and Alan Higley a great work where you can find detailed information as well as dosages and additional usages for Essential Oils.
PPS: I hope you enjoyed this article- If you have any questions or want to leave your own personal comments, join the conversation below, I want to hear your thoughts on Essential Oils!
To your balanced health,