Cannabis Oil- Cancer Cure?
Cannabis oil may help in the treatment of a wide range of medical conditions including cancer, epilepsy, Lyme disease, chronic pain, rheumatism, multiple sclerosis, anxiety disorders, asthma, Alzheimer’s and diabetes.
Warning-The Use Of Cannabis Oil Will Produce Some Very Unusual Side Effects
- improved sleep
- improved appetite
- improved motor skills
- improved focus and learning
- increased alertness
- improved speech
It’s All In The Data
From the published evidence so far, The American Herbal Pharmacopoeia, a non-profit research organization of herbal medicine draws a number of conclusions on the potential benefits of cannabis specifically on epilepsy and seizures.
- Cannabis exerts an anticonvulsant effect.
- A reduction in incidences and severity of seizures, as well as physical and behavioral improvements in children and adults treated with cannabis.
- CBD exhibits the most reliable anticonvulsant effects, and its lack of apparent psychoactive effects makes it more appealing than THC.
- CBD exhibited clinically beneficial effects in epileptic children resistant to anti-epileptic medications, and is well-tolerated in pediatric subjects with no ill side effects.
- While extremely encouraging, these results are still preliminary and need continued testing.
Because of marijuana’s listing as a Schedule I controlled substance under the DEA, attempts by scientists to research cannabis so far have been greatly impeded. Keeping marijuana as a controlled substance is a false narrative, when preliminary reports of its medicinal uses are so promising. Many in the medical community are now pushing for greater medical research access to cannabis.
The Compassionate Access, Research Expansion and Respect States Act (CARERS), is the first-ever bill in the U.S. Senate to legalize marijuana for medicinal use. It was introduced by Senators Cory Booker (D-NJ), Rand Paul (R-KY), and Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) .
Highlights of the CARERS Act
- Allow states to legalize marijuana for medical use without federal interference
- Permits interstate commerce in cannabidiol (CBD) oils
- Reschedule marijuana to schedule II
- Allow banks to provide checking accounts and other financial services to marijuana dispensaries
- Allow Veterans Administration physicians to recommend medical marijuana to veterans
- Eliminates barriers to medical marijuana research
“Ending the war on medical marijuana is not only the right thing to do, it is the smart thing to do.”
Cannabis Oil Studies- On patients suffering with treatment-resistant epilepsy using CBD extract
GW Pharmaceuticals study results- Data on the first 27 children and young adult patients treated at New York University Langone Medical Center.
These are comparisons to baseline seizure frequency
- Almost half of all patients obtained at least a 50% reduction in seizure frequency.
- 41% of all patients obtained at least a 70% reduction in seizure frequency.
- 22% of all patients obtained at least a 90% reduction in seizure frequency.
- At the end of 12 weeks, 15% of all patients were seizure-free.
- Side effects were mild to moderate, with drowsiness being the most common (40%), followed by fatigue (26%).
Los Angeles physician Bonni Goldstein’s data results of sixty three patients were similar to the GW study using three different strains of CBD Oil.
- 12 Charlotte’s Web patients, 9 (75%) experienced seizure reduction.
- 41 ACDC patients, 31 (76%) reported seizure reduction.
- 10 patients on other lab-tested oils, 6 (60%) reported seizure reduction.
Cannabis Oil And Cancer-Studies
Evidence has been mounting that the cannabinoids in cannabis, THC and CBD are not just good for pain, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, and insomnia relief, but also have a direct anti-tumor effect. However the mainstream medical establishment will require more clinical trials in order to be convinced of these facts.
Cannabinoids seem to specifically target cancer cells while being harmless to normal healthy cells. In contrast to chemotherapy, which is less discriminating, the selective cell-killing action of cannabinoids sounds very promising.
This fact is dramatically demonstrated by a time lapse video of THC killing human cancer cells while leaving normal cells alone. (see above video)
In an article in the Daily Beast, Martin A. Lee of Project CBD, an organization that promotes research into the medical benefits of CBD, wrote about some of the promising past research that shows just how cannabis slows down, and inhibits the growth of cancer. Following are just a few examples.
- In 1998 while studying cell metabolism in brain cells a researcher in Spain noticed that the cancer cells died each time they were exposed to THC.
- In a 2006 a clinical trial by a team of Spanish research scientists, revealed that a group of hospitalized patients with glioblastoma, who had failed to respond to standard brain-cancer therapies found significantly reduced tumor cell proliferation when given CBD Oil as treatment.
- A 2007 Bloomberg report of a Harvard University research study with mice, suggests cannabis shrank their lung tumors by half, and slowed down the disease. This was the first study to show that THC may block a known cancer-related protein.
- In a 2007 California Pacific Medical Center study published in Molecular Cancer Therapeutics, discovered that CBD may inhibit the spread of breast cancer. No other agent is known to do this, suggesting CBD could be a breakthrough anti-cancer medication.
- In a 2013 study of six different cannabinoids and their effects on leukemia cells, researchers watched them “target and switch off” pathways that allow cancers to grow.
- CBD enhanced the susceptibility of tumor cells to stick to killer white blood cells, leading to cell destruction as reported in a 2014 study in Biochemical Pharmacology.
These published results reflect a growing understanding in the cannabis research community as to the promise of Cannabis and CBD Oil as a valid treatment for a variety of cancers.
I believe that one day with more research, we will see that what nature has already provided us, will be the cure to illnesses that sometimes afflict us. Please join me in supporting the Realm of Caring, a non-profit organization that has already help hundreds of children and adults enjoy a better quality of life through research, and awareness campaigns.
The Realm of Caring is a 501c3 non-profit organization that has been formed to provide a better quality of life for those affected by disorders and diseases, including but not limited to, Cancer, MS, HIV/AIDS, Epilepsy, Parkinson’s, through the use of concentrated cannabinoid extracts.
Each client’s progress is monitored through an Institutional Review Board (IRB) approved observational research study. Through the observational research studies, the Realm of Caring is able to educate the general public as to the positive effects of cannabinoid supplements. www.theroc.us
PS: I hope you enjoyed reading this article, and please don’t hesitate to share it with friends and family. Join the conversation and let me know of your experiences with CBD Oil – share your stories below and join me on other interesting articles at healingbodyandmind.org
To your good health,